September 21, 2021
Position Title: Sr. Instructional Systems Designer (ISD)
Job Type: Full-Time
Overview: E-PAGA is seeking a proactive, team-oriented, and passionate Sr. Instructional Systems Designer (ISD) who has demonstrated experience designing, developing, and implementing training products to join our high-performing team. This position requires expert knowledge in adult learning theories and methods, strategies, and best practices of training development. Responsibilities will include designing and developing training products, performing needs and/or gap analysis to determine training needs, providing quality assurance (QA)/control (QC) services for project documentation and instructional materials, creating professional presentation materials, regularly participating in meetings requiring close interaction with various project stakeholders (clients, subject matter experts [SMEs], and end users), and producing quality deliverables in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. Support for various Business Development (BD) activities may also be periodically required.
Security Clearance: N/A
Location: Rockville, MD (E-PAGA Headquarters)
Travel: Some travel required (<10%)
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- A master’s degree in Instructional Technology or related field from an accredited university.
- Familiarity with adult learning theories, the ADDIE model, and training development best practices.
- Experience conducting training needs analysis, to include the analysis of existing instructional materials.
- Experience designing and developing a wide range of learning opportunities, to include instructor-led, online, self-paced, mediated, and blended courses.
- Experience developing course storyboards and collaborating with multimedia professionals and courseware developers.
- Experience revising existing training material and converting training products to new formats to suit new learning environments.
- Experience supporting curriculum analysis and design efforts.
- Experience developing broader training materials to include job aids, performance support tools, scripts, etc.
- Experience facilitating group discussions, design meetings, and regular project meetings.
- Experience with assessment and evaluation development.
- Experience using rapid course development software (Lectora, Articulate, Captivate, etc.)
- Familiarity with best practices for ensuring accessibility of content, to include adherence to Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
- Experience working directly with clients, subject matter experts (SMEs), and instructors to fulfill project requirements.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and adhere to established project milestones and deadlines.
- Willingness to stay abreast of current learning technologies and trends.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills:
- At least five years of professional experience as an Instructional Systems Designer.
- Experience working on Federal training projects.
- Experience instructing classroom-based and/or virtual trainings.
- Experience working with and editing multimedia, to include audio, video, and graphics.
- Experience with Learning Management System (LMS) administration, to include publishing and managing content.
To apply please submit a cover letter, which must include salary requirements, and resume. Applications without a cover letter and salary requirements will not be considered. E-PAGA is an equal opportunity employer.