September 21, 2021
Position Title: Technical Editor
Job Type: Full-Time
Overview: E-PAGA is seeking a proactive, team-oriented Technical Editor who has demonstrated experience reviewing the work of the technical writers, re-writing content as needed, designing templates, developing editorial processes and standards, and maintaining our online technical content. Seeking candidates proficient in APA editing style, with GPO experience a plus. The ideal candidate has excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and page composition skills. The Technical Editor will be responsible for editing training products, providing quality assurance (QA)/control (QC) reviews for project documentation and instructional materials, and editing quality deliverables in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. Support for various corporate and business development activities will also be periodically required.
Security Clearance: N/A
Location: Rockville, MD (E-PAGA Headquarters), remote work permitted
Travel: Some travel required (<5%) Technical Editor Responsibilities:
- Working with writers to ensure document accuracy.
- Reviewing written technical documents for clarity, grammar, spelling, punctuation, content, and style.
- Making any necessary corrections to technical documents.
- Giving feedback and advice to technical writers.
- Formatting the document(s), including layout of pages, tables, text boxes, and other graphics.
- Ensuring that all materials are designed in a 508-compliant format.
- Communicating with writers to resolve editorial queries.
- Ensuring that all written content meets our company’s standards.
- Developing, communicating, and adhering to goals for content, workflow, and aim of writing.
- Creating templates for technical writers that are easy to apply and adapt.
- Conducting quality assurance on all training modules and related documents, reports, and other deliverables.
- Maintaining the company website’s technical content.
- Conforming to strict editing guidelines and security clearance protocols, as needed.
- Coordinating version control of all documents.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and adhere to established project milestones and deadlines.
- Willingness to stay abreast of current learning technologies and trends.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, or another related field.
- At least five years of professional experience as technical editor.
- Experience working on Federal projects.
- Proven experience working with APA style guides, with GPO a plus.
- Ability to learn technical concepts.
- Experience with desktop publishing, multimedia production, and online documentation software.
- Excellent computer and word processing skills.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, and page composition skills.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and manage concurrent deliverables.
- Strong attention to detail.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Master’s degree in journalism, English, or another related field.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- Experience working with and editing multimedia, to include audio, video, and graphics.
- Experience with Learning Management System (LMS) administration, to include publishing and managing content.
- Experience with web coding and authoring systems, such as HTML or XML.
- Experience with Section 508 compliance testing and remediation.
To apply please submit a cover letter, which must include salary requirements, and resume. Applications without a cover letter and salary requirements will not be considered. E-PAGA is an equal opportunity employer.